For this project, I am creating an experimental film which is based on the mentality on how the world became obsessed with technology within our generation. I will be showing what it feels like when it builds up in your mind it feels as if your in a trance where pressure begins to build and one day you need to take control and stop. Through using various textures within my Short film to reflect onto how the mind feels and what you can hear and think too whilst going through this.
for my primary research, I will be going to various places and taking photographs of people that are on technology as well as interviewing the manager of the Umbrella center in Canterbury to ask her a couple questions about mental health and how social media can affect you mentally too. I will also be going to the London science museum to go to a robot exhibition which focuses on how it has improved over the 500 years of building these mechanisms that are becoming more human-like within each invention that is being brought out.As well as looking into also how people generally think about social media and how they think it affects them. I will also be wanting to experiment with various techniques that I may want to use within my project. Which are the ghost effect and the text message one I used within my last project?
What I have learned last week on my subject and what knowledge I have gained:
- * psychologist- talk to her and interview – Emma’s (Kirsty – Florence knighting gale hospital London) * http://www.nightingalehospital.co.uk/specialist/kirsty-bridge/
- Councilor – Vicky
- Ask people from my generation about how they feel about it
- Ask the public their view as well as recording some.
- Testing some of the shots such as my intro
- take photos of technology that surrounds me.
- Take photos of people in general using technology
- Go to the Science Museum Robot exhibition and take images of various technology and people in it.
- Interview Hannah from the umbrella center which is a mental health center which is based in canterbury and she is the manager of this. and interview her to understand mental health and how it can affect you within the social media and technology.
- Analyzing the different mediums of technology that is used and what people use them in different situations.
- Look into more locations and take photographs of them as well as planning the duration of each one from the starting location.
- Location Recces
- Risk Assesment
- Cast list/Contact list
Piccadilly line: Underground
Canterbury college-Television studio-
London science Museum
Birds eye view of London Science Museum to see what around it and what use i can make out of it.
How to get there:
Ashford International – St Pancreas international
Ashford International- London Science Museums
St Pancreas International – Science museum
Short films that are similar and can use as influence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOSYmLER664
Films that are based on this I am going to review one of them:
Men Women & Children (Men, Women & Children, 2014) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS7uc8OF6Rs (Men, Women & Children International TRAILER (2014) – Ansel Elgort, Jason Reitman Movie HD, 2014)
Nerve (Nerve, 2016)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PR9MOPTI7g (Nerve (2016 Movie) – Official Trailer – ‘Watcher or Player?’, 2016)
Disconnect (Disconnect, 2012) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI7Bhq2zDb8 (Disconnect-Trailer, 2013)
Permissions to film: http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/educators/visit-practicalities/essential-information
Taking images of technology:
The Interview With the manager of the umbrella centre Hannah talking about mental health and how it can effect as within technology and social media. This interview was recorded with a zoom H2 microphone ( Audio Only)
Interviewing other people about how they feel about the technology and whether they think its getting addictive. This was done through a website called monkey Survey:
Hello, I was wondering whether you could fill out a survey which is for my short film I am creating about the obsession with technology?
- How old are you?
- How do you feel about the use of technology in this era?
- Do you think technology or social media is helping our mental state?
- What effects do you think using technology too much can have?
- Do you think we are in a generation that overly relies on technology?
- What do you think will happen in 10 years’ time with hand held technology?
- Do you believe you can become addicted? If so why?
- What world do you prefer; virtual or reality? Why?
- Is there too much pressure in society to use technology?
- How many hours do you spend online a day?
- 7 or more
Looking into what type of music I may want.
I found some music called Just finished my finals this is how I feel by Bonjr. – https://soundcloud.com/therealbonjr/just-finished-finals-and-this-is-how-i-feel
Looking into videos for what techniques I may need to use when in after effects.
I tested out and practiced with after effects my text sequence in
Experimenting with the different visual effects.